Employment Opportunity: Marketing Assistant
Who we are
The Saskatoon & Region Home Builders’ Association is a not-for-profit professional association with over 60 years of experience as the voice of the residential construction industry in the Saskatoon region. Our members include home builders, renovators, land developers, trade contractors, product and material manufacturers, building product suppliers, lending institutions and other service professionals. Our members are professionals you can trust to protect one of your biggest investments – your home.
Reporting to the Business Development Associate, the Marketing Assistant is a dynamic and challenging role with the opportunity to apply several business-related skillsets. This role provides an opportunity for a student to learn, develop and practice their marketing skills. This role will work creatively in collaboration with the Association team to support successful and efficient delivery of initiatives delivered to Association members and the public.
- Post-secondary student pursuing education in the area of marketing, advertising, communications, or business
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Interest in a professional association, not for profit or local community environment
- Client-centered approach to customer service
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continual improvement and innovation as a team, building on team capacity
The areas of responsibility
- Assist with the development and coordinate of promotional initiatives tied to Association projects
- Support the planning and delivery of the Parade of Homes and other projects
- Work with various types of software for digital marketing
- Duties relating to sponsor fulfilment
- Preparing, formatting, and editing a range of documents
- Helping identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Consumer survey and questionnaire data analysis
- Support of marketing initiatives, event logistics and general Association administration
- Work closely with the team to support sales activities to ensure successful revenue and consumer awareness goals are reached
The Association is a nimble team that works in a challenging and fast-paced working environment focused on teamwork, quality service and innovation. This position is a 16-week fulltime summer student position.
The application process
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and education fit the requirements for this position by May 28th to email@example.com. Applications submitted in person, or via mail will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for the next step of the selection process will be contacted.