More than 70 members came out early yesterday morning to see Tim Bailey of Avid Ratings give a special presentation on the Saskatchewan and Saskatoon-specific results of this year’s CHBA Home Buyer Preference Survey. It was an exclusive opportunity for SRHBA members as a reward for having the highest builder participation rate of any HBA in Canada – not just highest in proportion to population, but highest number, period. This is something to be proud of, especially for the 21 builders who participated in the survey.
The reward was a good one, as Tim brought a huge amount of interesting and relevant information about what really matters to the home buyers in our community, and what may not matter as much. Some key insights included:
- Home buyers in Saskatchewan are significantly younger than the national average, with 46.1% of respondents falling into the Millennial age range or younger
- Online customer reviews have now surpassed family and friend referrals for importance when making the final purchase decision in Saskatchewan
- The top 3 “must have” home features for Saskatchewan were all related to energy efficiency
- Saskatonians love their storage – walk-in closets, walk-in pantries, linen closets, and walk-in pantries also made the top 10 “must have” features
- The importance of second master suites, double vanities, and smart home technology are all on the rise
Next Year’s Survey
We would like to make Tim’s visit to Saskatoon an annual one, so please keep an eye out for the call to participate in the 2019 Home Buyer Preference Survey. This insightful community-specific presentation can only happen if we maintain the highest builder participation rate, and you can help make that happen!
Tim estimates that the call to participate will come out this winter – either December or early January – so we will distribute those details as soon as they are available.
Get Your Copy of the Presentation
Tim was kind enough to make his presentation available, and it can now be found on the Exclusive Member Documents page of the Association website here: http://saskatoonhomebuilders.com/exclusive-member-documents/
Please note: You will need to be logged in to your member account to access this page, which you can do by clicking “Member Login” in the top right hand corner of the site.
If you can’t remember your login, give us a call at 306-955-5188 or email Krystal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Login Portal
Once you get logged in, there are a variety of other useful member-exclusive materials that you can access, including:
- Permit reports dating back three years
- National Building Code documents
- Access to your customizable business profile for the directory
We will be adding regularly to the members-only resources included on the site, so be sure to log in so you don’t miss out on these valuable benefits.